Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Romeo and Juliet... by some giggling junior high kids

I was perusing my niece Samantha's MySpace page and came across a video she and a friend Lauren made. Sam is Romeo*, and her BFF** Lauren in Juliet.

Sam is into drama. She's actually quite good. She's had the lead role in several of her school's plays as well as some roles in community theater. Her latest role was of Annie. I wasn't able to make it to that performance but I hear she sang and acted her heart out. You turn a camera on and Sam's instantly in front of it. Hence, my nickname for her, Sam the Ham.

Their video made me laugh. It actually made me very happy to know she's able to be 100% herself in front of her friends. At the same time, it made me realize how much she's grown since they moved to Temecula.


* Samantha recently got braces, so you can hear her struggle with pronunciation now and then. Kinda cute.
** In case you're wondering, "BFF" means best friend forever.

No comments: